One more day in talking about elections and fraud----today from the labor side of the Democratic base. Remember, the labor and justice base of the Democratic Party represents 80% of Democratic voters and less than 20% running as Clinton neo-liberals are winning primaries because they are funded by the rich and pushed by a captured media.
I was watching a 1960s movie about human smugglers in California threatening a good working fisherman not wanting to be involved in illegal activities. He said no to using his boat for smuggling and the mafia threatened his life to force him. Of course, once the good worker did this----he was just as guilty as the mafia and would SEE NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL, AND HEAR NO EVIL. That good worker would then be trapped in this life of crime. THAT IS WHAT CLINTON NEO-LIBERALISM AND BUSH NEO-CONSERVATIVISM IS ABOUT----THE SAME MODEL AS THE MAFIA IN GETTING ORDINARY PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THESE FRAUDS AND CORRUPTIONS----FINDING WHO OPERATES BEST IN THESE CONDITIONS AND THEN RUNNING THEM FOR POLITICAL OFFICE. This is what has made Maryland and Baltimore politics systemically criminal.
In this movie the good worker knew if he committed that first crime his life would be the mafia's so he came ready to fight and die so as NOT TO BE FORCED TO COMMIT CRIME. He wanted the freedom of an honest life. Whether a former labor union leader, a woman or person of color that gets involved in these frauds ------you lose your freedom. You simply do as you are told. In exchange-----media portrays this pol as growing wealthy------gives her a stage at the Hippidrome, buts her on the cover of Cosmopolitan all to give the impression that taking the route of fraud and corruption is a glamorous thing.
YES, I AM TALKING ABOUT RAWLINGS-BLAKE AND MARILYN MOSBY----THE MOST RECENT GOVERNMENT PLAYERS IN FRAUD AND CORRUPTION.
These pols are useless to the American people representing labor and justice and only a very, very few people are allowed to move up the economic ladder this way so it is not a career path to chose. Simply know this is the POLITICAL STRATEGY OF CLINTON NEO-LIBERALS AND BUSH NEO-CONS and is what infuses our government with fraud and corruption.
STOP VOTING FOR PEOPLE THAT PLAY THE GAME WITH BALTIMORE DEVELOPMENT EARLY ON----
I attended a primary event in Frederick where I told the audience that the global market taking over Maryland's economy was killing Maryland small business and the audience applauded. People understand that global corporations kill a small business environment. So, when the queen of making Johns Hopkins a global corporations that is a giant autocratic squid sucking the revenue out of the city and making subcontractors of subcontractors of small business-----WE KNOW MIKULSKI IS LYING. What will happen with the funding for these small businesses come this economic crash? BYE BYE SMALL BUSINESSES----AND MIKULSKI IS THE FACE OF THE POLICIES OF SUPER-HEATED BOND MARKET CRASHING THE ECONOMY. So, the Baltimore Small Business Caucus is moved into politics and passes all the laws Hopkins needs to bring Baltimore into bankruptcy and VOILA---WITHIN TEN YEARS THOSE SMALL BUSINESSES ARE GONE.
WHEN YOU ALLOW VOTES FOR JOBS THESE GLOBAL POLS THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS EVERY TIME----STOP DOING THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN. A business or worker caucus that allows a global corporate pol to join to make her look more 'progressive' in order to gain political support for a small business will be held hostage and killed in no time.
THIS IS A POLITICAL STRATEGY OF CLINTON NEO-LIBERALS AND BUSH NEO-CONS.
April 5, 2013
MIKULSKI DISCUSSES SMALL BUSINESS JOBS WITH MARYLAND CRAFT AND MICRO BREWERS
Senator announces membership in Senate Small Brewers Caucus to demonstrate commitment to small business jobs
BALTIMORE – U.S. Senator Barbara A. Mikulski (D-Md.) announced today that she has joined the Senate Small Brewers Caucus following a meeting Thursday in Baltimore with members of the Brewers Association of Maryland. At the meeting, Senator Mikulski discussed her commitment to small business jobs and Maryland’s craft and micro breweries that strengthen our economy.
“Maryland’s small businesses are the backbone of our economy. They create jobs. And they are important to the communities they serve,” Senator Mikulski said. “My great-grandparents owned a local bakery and my father ran a grocery store. I learned how small businesses help weave social fabric by hiring local workers and investing in their communities. I’m proud to raise a glass here in Baltimore with Maryland brewers and take the fight to Washington to support small business jobs.”
Senator Mikulski was joined by members of the Brewers Association of Maryland including owners, management and brewers from Heavy Seas Beer in Baltimore County, Flying Dog Brewery in Frederick, Union Craft Brewery and The Brewer’s Art in the City of Baltimore, Evolution Craft Brewery in Salisbury, Ruddy Duck in Solomons and Brewers Alley and Monocacy Brewing Company in the City of Frederick.
Senator Mikulski met Thursday with members of the Brewers Association of Maryland at Heavy Seas Alehouse in Baltimore to discuss small business jobs and the importance of micro and craft breweries to Maryland’s economy.
When I attend Third Way neo-liberal think tanks in Washington they always have panels made up of a global corporate executive, a corporate university executive usually Ivy League university, and a person called a Labor Consultant. Labor Consultants usually have the credentials of having been a labor union leader probably left unemployed and Clinton neo-liberals recruit these people to join the neo-liberal policy promotion. So, that labor consultant on the panel supports the global corporate executive that says corporations want to take care of people----they want to treat workers well and support them.
These labor consultants are the ones pushing all of the Clinton neo-liberal NEW WORLD ORDER economic policies----carving the way for Trans Pacific Trade Pact and privatization of all that is public. They are the ones promoting all Federal funding go to job training and all schools and public community colleges be vocational training K-career college. If labor unions were not the weakest ever these people may not be working
AGAINST THE INTERESTS OF LABOR----BUT THEY NEED JOBS AND ARE MADE TO TAKE THESE JOBS TO SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES----SEE THE PATTERN.
So, I watch as what are given as representatives of labor supporting all that global corporations and their pols say and then going into communities and labor organizations to promote it. Just as these NEW DEMOCRATS that are people of color taking justice in communities----these are CLINTON NEO_LIBERAL labor consultants promoting neo-liberal policies as good for labor rights.
THESE LABOR CONSULTANTS ARE OVERWHELMINGLY BEING RUN AS PROGRESSIVE LABOR CANDIDATES IN DEMOCRATIC PRIMARIES CAPTURING LABOR VOTES FOR CLINTON NEO-LIBERALS.
You can see how with only a few percentage of labor, women, people of color Clinton neo-liberals hire and fund these people to go into communities to sell neo-liberal policies and run for office on a local level.
THIS IS HOW NEO-LIBERALS GAINED HOLD OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY AND THEY ARE FLOODING OUR DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEES WITH THESE CANDIDATES POSING PROGRESSIVE BUT COMMITTED TO NEO-LIBERALISM AND TRANS PACIFIC TRADE PACT INSTALLATION.
An Organizing Strategy for the 21st Century
Welcome to the Labor Union Consultants (LUC) website. LUC’s goal is to provide meaningful assistance to unions and workers to achieve the best outcomes through collective bargaining. LUC’s mission is to develop effective strategies to give workers a voice, to push for economic justice, to check corporate power, and to achieve respect for labor.
Some established unions have attempted to penetrate the “new economy”, but collective bargaining and union representation are virtually nonexistent to many American workers. Most workers naturally want to improve their working circumstances and influence decisions that affect their livelihoods. Some workers have the right to organize under applicable labor law. The team at LUC will assist these workers and their unions to successfully use those rights to achieve the benefits of collective bargaining. However, many workers are misclassified as independent contractors, temporary agency employees, etc. LUC will assist these workers to form their own organizations to give them the power they cannot obtain under existing laws.
Labor Union Consultants provides a wide range of consulting services to new and existing labor unions across the United States.
© 2015 – Labor Union Consultants
Labor Consultants are the ones backing all of the market-based immigration policies and especially the high-skilled immigration bills working for global corporations but sounding like labor voters backing these Clinton neo-liberal bills. Progressives know that there is not a job skill shortage----we know that is propaganda to allow cheaper labor to take American jobs and we know that Trans Pacific Trade Pact will make those immigrants as poor working in the US as they were in the developing nations from which they are being brought. TPP will bring American Hispanic immigrants down to the level of Asian sweat shop workers as well so the Senate Immigration Bill is really, really, really bad for all workers in America and who pushes these immigration policies------LABOR CONSULTANTS POSING AS LABOR VOTERS WHILE WORKING FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT CORPORATIONS. HISPANIC NEW DEMOCRATS ARE RIGHT THERE WITH THESE LABOR CONSULTANTS.
Clinton neo-liberals have captured the voice of the 80% of labor and justice Democratic base by funding and giving media attention to these small groups of people. How do Democratic voters know who is posing? Follow the connections and know policy well enough to know International Labor Consultants work against labor.
WHEN YOU HEAR ON MEDIA THAT LABOR IS SUPPORTING A POLICY-----IT IS PROBABLY NOT RANK AND FILE LABOR BUT A PROGRESSIVE POSER LIKE THESE CONSULTANTS.
Below you see a media coverage in California about two candidates running as Democrats with one showing labor groups fighting against Glazer as being a posing progressive and that is good. Glazer is probably a Labor Consultant pretending to support labor issues while working against them.
The fact that he worked for Clinton neo-liberal and Trans Pacific Trade Pact king Jerry Brown would be another tip.
Look at who labor is supporting instead-----Bonilla. It took me two seconds to know Bonilla is a woman Clinton neo-liberal posing progressive. She uses terms like Koch Brothers as the boogie man and not Hillary Clinton -----
Collaborative Labor Group----
A Unique Philosophy Collaborative Labor Relations Group is not your typical labor consulting agency. Our consultants are previous labor leaders who have a proven track record of building and maintaining a collaborative relationship between management and labor. In far too many cases, labor is viewed as a road block to success when in fact, engaged properly, can be a corporation’s greatest asset. CLR consultants are available to help you build that relationship on solid footing with mutual respect, that will endure through challenging negotiations and corporate profitability cycles.
'Susan Bonilla Files FPPC Complaint Against Koch Brothers Front Group for Violating Political Reform ActWashington, DC-based “Independent Women’s Voice” funded by East Coast billionaires […]'
Labor’s Shameful Smears of Glazer’s Independence
Apr6 If you are a voter in Walnut Creek or Concord, San Ramon, Livermore or Pleasanton, you might not want to support Democrat Steve Glazer for state Senate. Maybe you support the right of transit workers to strike, or you don’t want to reform teacher tenure or government pensions. Maybe you just want to support the candidate who will always vote labor’s position on every issue.
Those are valid reasons to oppose Glazer, Orinda mayor and Gov. Jerry Brown’s longtime political strategist, and to support Assemblywoman Susan Bonilla, the other Democrat in the May 19 run-off election in Senate District 7.
What, however, are utterly fabricated, hogwash “reasons” to do so are that Glazer has “sold out” to big tobacco, “sold out” on women’s rights or that he “says one thing and does another” – all lies being told to smear Glazer by a group of labor unions determined to punish him for being an independent Democrat.
Sludge Bucket Charges
The principal (fabricated) charges against Glazer are based on the fact that he – like a number of other Democratic consultants – worked for the California Chamber of Commerce in support of business-friendly Democrats that ran in primaries against union-backed Democrats.
Glazer hasn’t taken money from tobacco companies; they did contribute to the Chamber. Glazer has always been vehemently pro-choice on abortion and a supporter of women’s rights; some of the candidates the Chamber has backed aren’t. And, sin of sins, he’s received financial support from individuals and organizations that prefer him as a business-friendly Democrat to candidates seen as in the pocket of labor unions.
Moreover, if being backed by “special interests” is the charge – and Glazer benefited from nearly $600,000 in spending from various interests — Bonilla has a lot to answer for, too. In addition to nearly $240,000 in direct support from labor unions (not to mention independent expenditures), she’s pulled in more than $276,000 from business and corporate interests including the healthcare, big pharma, oil and gas, development and gambling industries.
Glazer has pledged to accept no gifts, meals or beverages from lobbyists; to disclose his answers to any special interests questionnaires; not to pay family members from campaigns contributions; to refuse tax-free per diem expenses or Senate work on weekends and holidays, and to eschew campaign contributions in the final 60 days of the legislative session.
That would make him one of the squeakiest clean legislators in Sacramento. But he would not necessarily vote with the teachers, prison guards or public employees on every measure that comes before the Legislature. If that’s the kind of Democrat you want, Glazer is not your guy.
Insiders and Outsiders
For a long time in California, there have been two kinds of Democrats: those who labor unions can count on for support on any issue; and those who don’t vote the union line every time. Most insider Democrats in Sacramento, sadly, are captives of Big Labor. Most outside Democrats in California support labor most, but not all, of the time.
Merit pay for teachers, limits on pay and retirement benefits for prison guards, restrictions on public transportation employees’ right to strike and controlled growth policies limiting new construction in cities and counties are just a few issues where a strong, independent Democrat might have principled differences with unions representing various workers.
Steve Glazer is a lifelong progressive, pro-choice, pro-environment, pro-working class, Jerry Brown Democrat. The campaign to brand him as a traitor to Democratic values is beyond scurrilous.
Clearly Bonilla is a Clinton neo-liberal. All of the campaign stances below shout I AM A WALL STREET GLOBAL CORPORATE NEO-LIBERAL AND WILL NOT SUPPORT ANY OF THE PROGRESSIVE ISSUES BECAUSE I WILL PUSH TRANS PACIFIC TRADE PACT AND IGNORE THE SYSTEMIC FRAUD AND CORRUPTION FOR WHICH CALIFORNIA IS LEADING.
But she is a woman and says she will support women and families----the middle-class and all of labor needs.
Both Bonilla and Glazer are Wall Street global corporate pols and this is why California Democrats are trapped with Blue Dog Democrats and Clinton neo-liberals and NO REAL PROGRESSIVE LABOR AND JUSTICE. It is why 80% of Democratic voters are not coming to the polls to vote and why we are only having progressive bones thrown that are then not enforced.
STOP ALLOWING THESE PRIMARIES BE FILLED WITH PEOPLE KNOWING THEY WILL NOT PROMOTE PROGRESSIVE ISSUES IN OFFICE WHILE PUSHING FOR THE INSTALLATION OF TRANS PACIFIC TRADE PACT AND INSTALLING WALL STREET ECONOMIC POLICY!
You saw in the article above where labor unions are coming out for Bonilla -----and this is why America is being taken third world and labor and justice have lost all their rights as citizens.
LABOR UNIONS SHOULD AND I BELIEVE DO KNOW BONILLA IS AS BAD AS GLAZER BUT NATIONAL LABOR UNION LEADERS ARE TELLING THEIR STATE LEADERS TO SUPPORT BONILLA EVEN THOUGH SHE IS CLINTON NEO-LIBERAL.
There is no labor and justice Democrat in this race between Bonilla and Glazer and the 80% of labor and justice need TO BECOME ENGAGED IN POLITICS AND RUN IN THESE PRIMARIES AND DEMOCRATIC VOTERS MUST KNOW TO VOTE FOR A CANDIDATE NOT BEING PUSHED IN THE MEDIA OR BY NATIONAL AND STATE DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEES CAPTURED BY CLINTON NEO-LIBERALS. I know if a Maryland Democratic Committee or a Baltimore Democratic Committee supports or allows a candidate air time-----then I need to run for office because we have no labor and justice candidate.
BE THE REAL LABOR AND JUSTICE CANDIDATE IN THESE 2016 DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY ELECTIONS!
On the Issues
Bipartisan Problem Solver As a local Mayor, County Supervisor, and State Legislator, Susan Bonilla brings people together, Republicans and Democrats, to solve problems and deliver results.
Balancing the Budget
Susan Bonilla is a fiscally responsible leader who delivered balanced budgets 13 years in a row, taking pay cuts, reducing wasteful spending, and paying down debt. Susan Bonilla brought more accountability to the state budget process by:
- Establishing a Rainy Day Budget Reserve Fund
- Cutting wasteful spending and doing more with less
- Protecting taxpayers while protecting vital; services like public safety and education
Keeping Neighborhoods and Schools Safe
As a mother of four daughters, grandmother, and as an educator, Susan has always put the safety of our families, children, and seniors as a top priority. She cracked down on child abusers and online predators, protected seniors from abuse, and worked with Republicans and Democrats to keep prisoners behind bars.
That’s why she earned the support of Attorney General Kamala Harris, Alameda County Sheriff Greg Ahern, Contra Costa County Sheriff David Livingston, and Contra Costa County District Attorney Mark Peterson, as well as local police and firefighters on the front lines keeping our streets and neighborhoods safe.
Susan led efforts to modernize our public schools and improve academic standards, while reforming the state’s education funding formula to put more money into local schools giving local districts and parents more control. She’s increased access to college for middle-class and working families, and opposes tuition increases at UC and CSU university systems.
Below you see what is tearing unions apart----it is just like the military where the US military soldiers were being paid peanuts while global private military contractors recruited these military to private military with strong wages. When unions allow strong wages be negotiated down to $14 an hour workers are going to jump ship! Bet that these jumpers will be the ones running as Clinton neo-liberals saying they support labor. What global corporations will do is entice workers with higher wages now that unions are at poverty and then once unions are abandoned----they will kill those worker's wages. It is subpriming unions which was the goal of these several years of union wage cuts. This is why Obama and Clinton neo-liberals are building the community college structure for job training that used to be union apprenticeships all with national labor union leaders supporting these policies/
Karen----- Recruiting is building in the non union sector. Not good
Danny----- It has for 4 years now with steady year over year increases. IBEW and welders are top of list followed by cement and finishing trades. It is a growth industry which is bad for the BT because we are the source. Take care Sister Karen
Karen----- Those linehands who scab work are the most dangerous!
This is a long article so glance through and then look at the last article for Bernie Sanders!
Building Trades Members, their Skills & Contractors are Being Transferred to the Non-Union
– Published: July 5, 2015
The anti/non- union would need a plan to do this – right? Below we offer excerpts from our years of on-going research that validate this statement.
Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) and their surrogates would need to:
- Have a primary starting point along with a structure and strategic plan. Labor Law Study Group started in 1965. In the fall of 2000, the Construction Users Roundtable came into being, which speaks for the top end-users of construction, and is part of the Business Roundtable. This direct and unbroken lineage has as its mission the transfer of the union contractors and skilled membership and training of the Building Trades to the non-union. A great white paper for you to consider is:
- Reorganize and centralize the construction industry. Enter the Construction Manager working at all times for the end-user in the late 70’s. The Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) started in 1982 and is the dominant association with 29 chapters & 14,000 members thru-out all of construction.
- “And the enforcement mechanism used by the Roundtable was the threat of its enormous purchasing power which it held continually, though usually silently, over the heads of the contractors. They intended to gradually establish non-union contractors to undercut the economic position of unionized employers and through the strategic use of their purchase orders, the large consumers would insure their control over the contractors, both union and non-union.” JC Turner, General President of the Operators
- Quietly make new friends on the Hill – what we now call the Right to Work Committees and Groups, ABC, ALEC, Heritage Foundation, Tea Party, etc. providing both direct and indirect funding.
- Form Government Relations & Litigation Committees to vigorously fight every pro-worker form of rights at the bargaining table. We see the fight to repeal Davis-Bacon & court decisions limiting our right to picket, giving union contractors the right to set up non-union companies and the right to repudiate their collective bargaining agreements and much more, like 25 RTW states with the likely hood of them increasing, is higher than them decreasing for the foreseeable future.
- Empower and use to CURT’s purposes and ends groups like the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), and Construction Industry Roundtable (CIRT) (this is not CURT, but a quasi-relation). Google this entity, go to the “About” tab and look at the pull down menu under “Members”. Most of our unions’ big partners’ construction firms are there! WHY? National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), the National Black Chamber of Commerce, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce have actively opposed the use of PLAs, particularly for government projects. 21 states ban PLA’s with another 20 working hard to get there, and 9 states encourage some form of use. Not good numbers for the unions.
- Transfer union contractors via double breasting and strong enticements with purchase orders, bid shopping and other strategies. While technically stuff like bid shopping et al is illegal, it is rampant and uncontrolled.
- Openly recruit solid journeypersons with skills and leadership to the non-union via hard core recruitment firms, such as ihirebuildingtrades, Tradesmen International, Trillium and several others which are all growing. These are recruitment firms, not the temporary firms, some can be both – which are transferring skilled trade’s members who are unemployed, underemployed, not in the political click or working on the road for long periods of time. Many seasoned union skilled tradespersons are faced with one or more of the above scenarios due to contracting work opportunities and hours!
- To transfer those skills, and to know those union members who the non-union recruits by name, they need information gathered by the construction manager or a surrogate running the jobs. Add to this the fact that union Building Trades have all their eggs in very few baskets, especially those gated and controlled jobs which require big time info on all aspects of the tradespersons on the job, especially their work history, credentials and temperament. How do you think the recruitment entities know who to precisely go after? Those recruited are then a pathway to other union tradespersons and also the clients of the union contractor!
- Leverage modularization and technology advancements in construction delivery. Significant areas of construction are both contracting in hours needed to do a job and the number of contractors needed (minus 1099’s) – in spite of $1 trillion of construction spending. The construction industry is also consolidating due to successful union and non-union companies being “rolled-up” into regional and national firms. The overwhelming majority of these parent roll-up firms are non-union.
- Let/drive the Building Trades unions to handle most of the recruitment, training and HR on a host of hiring issues for the transfer of the “blue chip” hands – from minority, local hiring initiatives, veteran’s preference, drug testing, professional standards, etc. Then, due to the contraction and consolidation of union job opportunities, along with rising non-union market share, the non-union contractors recruit directly and thru recruitment agencies workers who have been trained and vetted for placement. All of the HR activities have been conducted and paid for by the union members one way or another. We are continuously told what is needed, so we do all the heavy lifting. This is a great deal for the end-users to then recruit and transfer those targeted workers.
- CURT understands the legal and business consequence of collaboration and relationship building, with the endless meetings to discuss “what they need & will pay for”, dictated to us because of the inferior (for unions) one-way relationship and declining market share. Labor-Management co-operation, CURT’s Tripartite Initiative (CTI) and other alliances for the purpose of collaboration are ruses and also in the hard numbers, of NET market share development over the last 2 decades. If Knowledge is Power – then this is the gateway into the inner workings of union decisions. It allows anti/non-union to dilute/derail actions of the unions in the form of professional relationships with legal constraints, mostly in the form of recognition and enforceable secondary limitations that have legal consequences and constraints. “If” it was the 2-way win/win relationship they describe, our “net” market share would be stabilizing and/or increasing. EVERY single sector that CURT represents has ingratiated themselves at our meetings, giving us awards, and plying their silver tongues, while every sector continues to erode with a “net” overall decline of unions on their jobs. The only exception are the 2 major areas in North America – British Columbia & the Gulf Coast. What appears for now to be long term relationships in those 2 areas will be eroded over time?
- Win constant give backs. Starting in the early 70’s with agreements such as the National Maintenance Agreements et al, to the present with new classifications and major modifications, have not arrested the decline of market share. Mergers of locals, underfunded pensions, trades infighting, aging of the work force in unions are all substantive erosions of the Building Trades’ future viability internally especially if all we have is Value on Display and letting the customer ultimately decide if and when they want to use the Building Trades.
- Removing General Contractors from many bigger jobs in several sectors, using bundled delivery systems like Construction Manager at Risk (CMR) or others. The General has had the CBA with many trades, and as they go bye–bye, so do the CBA’s.
- Maintain a stable of anti-union law and consultant firms. We may not want to acknowledge them, but the dozen or so that operate very successfully are also on point when needed, either pro-actively or reactively. When anyone needs to lawyer up, they have a blueprint to work from. These groups, CURT and the Construction Managers have been using our strategy of Value on Display and collaboration to beat us since 2004.
- Produce books, consultants and lawyers who train on how to be even more professional, create a Brand, and collaborate. This puts the future of the middle class and our families solely in the hands of management. They ultimately decide “if” they want to use the union Building Trades or not! For example, Breslin’s 127 page, 14 font, double spaced fluff piece on business strategies was published in January of 2003. You may want to reconsider whose business strategies this approach has served? Contrast that to our 474 pages of research, some of which is before you. Also if you saw the timeline of dates from 1965 till the present, no right thinking person in the Building Trades leadership can ignore its structure and probable outcome should we continue the status quo or marginal changes to a failed strategy.
Are we working hard – damn right we are? However zoom out to 35,000 feet and for the last 20 years we have been giving ground everywhere. It is hoped that the leadership isn’t so enamored with the power lunches and great venues all these labor-management meeting are held at, to act on their oath. “To leave the trades better than we found it”
For those that feel that we just have to educate more, or we are the best kept secret, or it’s just going to take a little longer, or how the non-union is impressed when they learn more – snap the hell out of it. Every number says we are being played – case closed!!
New York City and the huge non-union market share developing there, is the last template needed by CURT and their surrogates to then go after the last pockets of commercial work in other cities, and it’s well under way already. Talking and collaborating with everyone is used against us, and is killing us!
Legally and lawfully going after the end-user and construction mangers clients, credit and social footprint will reverse market share decline! That’s what we do here at Labor Rising and more!
“if you see a good fight – get in it”
Danny L Caliendo
Labor Rising Group
This is the problem for labor unions and labor in general-----our national union leaders are in the pockets of Clinton neo-liberals and tell their state and local leaders to back the most raging of Clinton neo-liberals every election. Now, unions are down to around 20% of workers but they have the organizing capacity and the funds to make a difference in elections. Clinton's capture of labor is why Americans have no public policy education coming from labor unions----all we see are the same Clinton neo-liberal talking points used while posing progressive. RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE WHILE INSTALLING TRANS PACIFIC TRADE PACT IS PROPAGANDA.
Luckily I think most labor union members have caught on to their national labor union leaders sell out. It will do labor unions no good to have collective bargaining rights if Trans Pacific Trade Pact is installed. Global corporations and tribunals will not allow labor unions unless they are working FOR CORPORATIONS AND THEIR PROFITS. So, a Clinton neo-liberal saying they will protect collective bargaining while working for Wall Street and global corporate tribunals is LYING FOLKS.
BITE THE BULLET----WE CAN REINSTATE LABOR RIGHTS LATER-----WE NEED TO STOP THE TAKE-OVER OF THE US BY GLOBAL CORPORATE TRIBUNAL RULE!
Below you see just what national women's and justice organizations are doing as well-----because they are led by Clinton neo-liberals----they always tell everyone and back Clinton Wall Street global corporate neo-liberals.
YOU CANNOT TAME GLOBAL CORPORATIONS AS ELIZABETH WARREN TRIES TO PRETEND AS SHE SUPPORTS GLOBAL MARKETS AND CORPORATIONS BUT PRETENDS WE CAN SIMPLY PASS PROGRESSIVE LAWS AND WRITE BETTER TRADE AGREEMENTS. WE MUST REINSTATE A US AND STATE DOMESTIC ECONOMY!
With South Carolina, Iowa, and Vermont unions coming out for Bernie you can see the broad national support from the South, West, and North.
AFL-CIO Leaders Warned Not To Back Sanders
Posted by Alan | July 3, 2015 11:00 | Filed under: Politics
Union leaders are prohibited from backing candidates, much as they want to get behind Bernie.
Richard Trumka has a message for state and local AFL-CIO leaders tempted to endorse Bernie Sanders: Don’t.
In a memo this week to state, central and area divisions of the labor federation, and obtained by POLITICO, the AFL-CIO chief reminded the groups that its bylaws don’t permit them to “endorse a presidential candidate” or “introduce, consider, debate, or pass resolutions or statements that indicate a preference for one candidate over another.” Even “‘personal’ statements” of candidate preference are verboten, Trumka said.
The memo comes amid signs of a growing split between national union leaders — mindful of the fact that Clinton remains the undisputed favorite for the nomination — and local officials and rank and file, who are increasingly drawn to the Democratic Party’s growing progressive wing, for whom Sanders is the latest standard-bearer.
The South Carolina and Vermont AFL-CIOs have passed resolutions supporting Sanders, and some local AFL-CIO leaders in Iowa want to introduce a resolution at their August convention backing the independent senator from Vermont. More than a thousand labor supporters, including several local AFL-CIO-affiliated leaders, have signed on to “Labor for Bernie,” a group calling on national union leaders to give Sanders a shot at an endorsement.